Traditional Worship arts
Our Traditional worship services incorporate several groups of people that greatly enhance our worship services.
- Sanctuary Choir – First Broad Street’s largest choir, the sanctuary choir is open to all adults, young and old. The choir sings each Sunday and participates in numerous special services throughout the year.
- Flames of Faith Women’s Ensemble – This ensemble is open to all women and sings once a month in our traditional worship. The group rehearses on the 2nd and 3rd Tuesdays at 1 pm in the choir room.
- Men’s Ensemble – This group meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:15 pm and leads traditional worship on a monthly basis. Contact Milton Nelson at (423) 967-7130 for additional information.
- SonRisers Choir – Affectionately known as the Kamakaze Choir because of the early hour and limited rehearsal, the SonRisers sing twice a month for our early traditional worship, with a short rehearsal in the choir room 30 minutes prior to the service.
- Bluegrass Gospel Ensemble – The group rehearses weekly and periodically sings for worship and special occasions. Call the church office at 423-246-4471 for more information.
- Sounds of Joy – This ensemble is composed of older adults and the forever young who meet for fellowship, community, singing, and fun. It leads our 8:30 traditional worship service on the 3rd Sunday of each month and also sings for special occasions. The choir periodically visits nursing/retirement homes in the area to share their music ministry. Contact the Music Office at (423) 224-1505 for more information.
The orchestra is open to all high school and adult musicians (1 year experience) and plays monthly in the Traditional Worship services. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings at 6:15 in the sanctuary. Please call Gay Aycock at 378-3312 for more information.
First Broad Street offers five different handbell choirs which add joyful ringing to our Sunday morning worship services. These groups attend area handbell festivals in the spring and are featured in a Christmas Ring and a Spring Ring each year. Call the Music Office at (423) 224-1505 for more information.
- Matin Bells – Monday 10:00 am
- Vesper Bells – Monday 6:00 pm
- Mosaic Youth Bells – Sunday 4:00 pm
- Silver Bells – Monday 12:30 pm
- Children’s Bells – Wednesday 5:00 pm