South Sudan in Crisis information. How you can help.
Reaching out to our community and our world are central to who First Broad Street is. From helping feed our neighbors every weekend, to building schools in South Sudan, Africa, First Broad Street is truly helping bring heaven to earth and change the world. Every day of the year, there are volunteers from First Broad Street making an impact through our missions programs. Our programs expand from local ministries such as our firewood delivery ministry, helping hundreds stay warm during the winter, to our partnership with South Carolina's Sea Islands, which we have sent mission teams to for over 35 years, to our partnership in Yei, South Sudan, where we have built schools, churches, and partnered with missionaries on the ground. This is but a snapshot of all that is going on here.
Our Local Mission Relationships include:
- Food Assistance Ministry – Volunteers assist once a month on Mondays and Fridays to provide food to families and individuals. The Food Pantry is open on Mondays and Fridays at 9:00 a.m.
- Furniture Ministry – Donations are accepted and volunteers assist in delivering furniture to low-income families in the community. Applications are taken on Wednesdays at 10:00.
- Home Repair Ministry & Carpenters Helpers- Volunteer to assist in doing minor home repairs in our local community.
- Firewood Ministry – Volunteers assist in cutting and splitting wood and delivering wood to families in our community.
- Halo Haircuts – Assist community professionals in providing hair cuts at no cost to low-income individuals.
- Jackson Elementary School Partnership – Join a group that offers support to administration and teachers at Jackson School with resources and as volunteers.
- Friendship Diner – Assist in preparing breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays for our community and/or join in the fellowship of breakfast with those who attend. Friendship Diner is open from 6:00 to 7:30 on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Clothing Ministry – Provide good, used clothing that is distributed in our community and regionally.
- Kingsport Community Ministry Center – Volunteer as a receptionist for this community, faith-based financial assistance ministry.
- Providence Medical – Providing healthcare at no cost to low-income individuals in our community.
- Friends In Need Medical – Provide healthcare on a sliding scale to the working uninsured in our community.
- Crossroads Medical – Mobile medical clinic hosted by First Broad Street once a month with volunteer assistance in registration.
Our National Mission relationships include:
- Johns Island – Rural Mission – Johns Island, SC – Download the 2015-16 College Trip Application
- Rockville Presbyterian Church, Wadmalaw Island, SC
- Project Crossroads, Marion, Virginia
- Jubilee Project – Sneedville, TN
- Cherokee UMC, Cherokee, NC
- Disaster Response
- Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference
- Red Bird Missionary Conference
- Society of St. Andrew
- Buffalo Mountain Camp
Our Global Mission Relationships include:
- South Sudan
- Costa Rica
- Imagine No Malaria